Monday, September 21, 2009

Fashion's Night Out, NYFW, IFB Dress Up Soiree

Hello hello! So it's sort of been forever, I know. Last week was NYFW and I was busy trying to balance school work and fashion week volunteering! I also was able to attend the amazing IFB Dress Up Soiree, but more about that later...

My week began with Fashion's Night out. Unfortunately things did not go as planned. I had class until 9 and by then most of the activities I wanted to go to had died down. I even waited at Barney's with some friends next to The Row hoping MK&A would go up there, but alas they did not. Then we tried finding the Opening Ceremony & Teen Vogue block parties but failed miserably. We did get to see Isabel Toledo though!

Sunday night I volunteered at the Malene Grotrian show at the Metropolitan Pavilion. It was a great opportunity for a fashion week newbie like myself since it was a small show. We even got to sit down and watch, and take home a goodie bag filled with this new self-tanning mitt, lip balm, and Luna bars!

Monday morning came the Carolina Herrera show at the Tent at Bryant Park. All the volunteers, including myself, began at 7 AM by putting together the programs and straightening out the chairs. Before the show began, I was positioned as an usher a row away from Katie Grand and across from Anna Wintour and the Vogue crew. Rachel Zoe was also there...needless to say, I was a little star-struck even though I only saw them from afar. During clean-up, I swiped my first ever Daily, WWD, and a found Prabal Gurung Sharpie. No longer was I a newbie!

That night, I headed over to the Dress Up Soiree with Lizz. I cannot even begin to describe what an experience that was...getting to see and meet some of the bloggers that inspired me to start blogging in the first place! It was especially great hearing the panel; as each blogger went on, I finally decided what I wanted My Polychrome Life to be about. Stay tuned for some changes :)

Wednesday evening I headed back to Bryant Park to help out backstage at Doo.Ri. Let me just say that was one of the best experiences I have had thus far in this industry. Everyone was so patient and friendly, the models were the cutest ever!, and the clothes were just incredible. I have never once wanted to own everything in a single collection; I need everything from Doo.Ri Spring 2010.

My week of craziness ended with a short trip to CT and then coming back and being a goof with Lizz. Now it's off to the Teen Vogue/Clinique Fresh Faces event...

1 comment:

Farmer's Daughter said...

Wow! You've done more in the last week than I've done in, well... years.

Sounds like you're having a great time!