Friday, January 1, 2010

Hi 2010!

I love even numbers. This year will be a goodie.

I put together a list of goals for 2010, rather than resolutions because those are boring and unimaginative (typically). Here's a sampling...

  • Travel to a new place, solo.
  • Begin to learn French & figure out how to get myself back to France for longer than a weekend.
  • Work on a farm.
  • Read a ton -- especially books I should have read by now in my life.
  • Watch a ton of movies (see above).
  • For every 3 things I buy, at least 1 must be second-hand or handmade.
  • Write a blog entry at least twice a week.

There are more, and I am actually very excited about them. I even saw two movies today, both of which I enjoyed: Sherlock Holmes and Julie & Julia. Although it made me quite upset that Julia didn't really like Julie...

Well I know this is only January 1st, but I am highly optimistic about this year and years to come. A fresh year is just what I need!

So as my French phrase-a-day calendar begins,

Bonne Année!

3 comments:

Farmer's Daughter said...

I just watched Julie and Julia the other day and felt the same way.

You should combine those goals, travel to France and work on a farm there. I can just imagine you making some delicious cheese or growing herbs.

As for books, I highly recommend Made From Scratch, which I think will combine a lot of your goals, too.

Happy New Year!

Kayla said...

I will put that on my 'must read' list!

la petite fashionista said...

good luck with your new year's goals. after visiting paris this summer for a week i've been quite movtivated to re-learn some more french!

happy new year!i'm feeling quite positive about 2010 as well!

xoxo