Sunday, November 30, 2008

F/S/S

There was a lot to be excited about on Friday:

1. The new Florence H&M opened.
It was incredibly crowded, and frankly I didn't know what to do with myself so I just sort of wandered around in a daze. I did see many powder-pink, light tan, and gray pieces that will be making their way onto my Christmas wishlist.
2. Mama's Bakery!
After H&M, I went on a hunt for this bakery across the Arno (river) in the pouring rain with my friend. It is run by an ex-Wall Street businessman and his Italian wife, and was completely worth the walk. Why? Becaues they sell BAGELS. Real bagels! In Italy! Topped with cream cheese and Nutella! I was in heaven.
3. Euro gelato.
Also across the Arno. Pure, cheap, deliciousness.

On Saturday, we went back to Mama's for more bagels and cheesecake. And then to Tezenis (Italian lingerie store) where they were selling 5 euro bras (whaaat!). I also picked up a pair of hot pink tights that I am very excited to premiere tomorrow.

Today was less exciting (grocery shopping, homework, nap). I can't believe tomorrow is December 1st. Three more weeks until I get to see my new home, spend Christmas with my family, and visit friends in Connecticut.

No comments: