Sunday, August 31, 2008

Ciao, Italia

Photo by Chi King, Flickr

The bags are packed; now I will be forced to lug two fifty pound suitcases, one seventeen pound carry-on, and my purse through JFK, through the airport in Frankfurt, and to my new apartment in Italy--and pray that nothing is over the weight limit.

Needless to say, the sight should be quite an interesting one.

I've never been so nervous before in my life, but I am most looking forward to embracing a new culture completely. My goals include dressing like a stylish Italian woman (at least sometimes), learning to speak Italian (at least the important phrases), and cooking like an Italian (at least when I have free time).

I may not be updating much for another week, since orientation for my school is a week long. But as soon as I can, I will.

My first priority as of now? Buying European fashion magazines at my stop in Frankfurt---for WAY less than what I would be paying here.

Arrivederci, America!

P.S. How excited are you for Gossip Girl?! I hope iTunes puts it up as soon as the show is over.

1 comment:

la petite fashionista said...

SO excited to hear about your adventures in italy. i bet it will be life-changing! keep us posted:)

xoxo